Thursday 19 April 2012

Personal Reflection

After today's tutorials, I have considered some interesting potential developments for my project.
Although I am currently making my intended final pieces, I am very ahead of schedule - currently having 8 out of a planned 12 finished with 4 weeks to go. With this in mind, I am wondering if it would be beneficial to bring forward some developments from samples that were overlooked previously due to time restraints.

I quickly dismissed early samples that were hightly textured and 'rough', as I knew I wanted my pieces to be level and smooth. I spent a lot of time problem solving and tailoring my making techniques to eventually achieve this, which is where my finals samples are at now.

However, looking back to these initial explorations I am starting to see a lot of potential in the textural/3D quality of them - which at the time was overlooked.  As I have been successful in producing the intended smooth result - which I have no doubt I want to display in the show - I think that it would be itneresting to bring some of these elements into the degree show, as both a contrast and compliment to the work I have already produced.

I have budgeted my time so that next week I can produce my silicone final pieces - which will then complete my intended 12 samples and give me a further 3 weeks to continue advances within a textural/3D realm of the work.

Thoughts have also been mentioned regardingdigitally printing CAD work onto various substrates; including potential plastic, silicone and latex sufaces. Research into this may also yeild sponsorship opportunities which may help source supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment