Wednesday 18 April 2012

18.04.12

Todays progress; I began creating a selection of pieces on acetate as I have produced the full amount of Kodatrace samples that were planned. I may go back to Kodatrace is there is time.
Acetate produces a much more transparent effect; opposed to the frosted/clouded opacity of Kodatrace. I enjoy the contrast that is created when placing these surfaces together.


Layering out drawings to trace from - 
underneath acetate

PVA and squeegee

Spreading a base layer of PVA

 
Using a squeegee to ensure an even surface before
applying threads to the sample.


 Another aspect that I explored further today was the use of composition within my work. I created this smaller panel with the intentions to keep one side completely plain, with all illustrations justified densely to one side of the work.




I really like this use of composition and may play with it further introducing colour or monofilament knitting into the PVA.


No comments:

Post a Comment