Saturday 17 March 2012

Personal Reflection

As it was mid-assessment on Thursday I found a lot of questions were raised about my working processes, methodologies, and intended outcomes.
I thought it would be interesting to document my initial responses to these questions, so that I can determine which areas my strengths lie in and where needs more input/consideration/decision making.

What is my work?
A collection of samples that portray the conceot of 'trapping' or 'suspending' threads between layers.

What are the main processes involved?
Layering, repeat, mark making.

What is the indended use?
I do not know yet; my samples are currently not practical (i.e. the use of PVA glue - a water soluble substance).

How do I intend to display the work?
Large scale panels that are to be hung/suspended. Perhaps making a larger picture when viewed together or layered over each other.

Does this reflect my post-uni ambitions?
I do not know yet.


Reflecting over these answers I gave at mid-assessment I see that there is a lot of uncertainty and vagueness around my work. Currently I do not seem to be certain in myself that what I am making has any desired or possible cause - I feel that I should have a definite intended outcome for this work for it to be a plausible project. I am also unsure of my material choices - PVA being unpractical, and silicone sealant not giving the smooth results that I wish.

I intend to mull over these questions for the next week or so and hopefully decide/realise some definitive answers by the start of the Easter Holidays (when I am hopefully begining the production of my final pieces).

No comments:

Post a Comment