Wednesday 8 February 2012

Ink and Gelatine

Trying to capture the moment of ink hitting water, I decided to add Brusho ink (turquoise) and Parker Quink (black) to gelatines to see if I could 'set' the formations within the jelly.


First experiments with Gelatine; The inks swirled as hoped for in the solution, however it took hours for the mixture to set - by which time the ink had almost completely dissolved into the jelly and lost all details.



Second experiment, I used Vege-Gel in favour of gelatine as this only takes up to one hour to set. I waited for a little while before adding the Brusho as I didn't want the ink to dissolve completely. However, when adding the Brusho it became apparent that I had waited too long and the granules sat on top of the semi-set jelly and did not penetrate at all.



Third experiment, I continued using Vege-Gel as I was now aware that it sets very quickly. I placed my glass in a bowl of ice-water before starting so that the jelly would cool and set almost instantly. I added Brusho immediately after I poured in the Vege-Gel. Initial outlook was promising however once the jelly was completely set all fine details were lost.



No comments:

Post a Comment